Have you played the drinking game ‘Never have I’? It’s a possibly cringe inducing game where players take it in turns to ask ‘never have I’. If your answer is ‘well actually I have’ then you take a shot! It’s an funny way to get to know your friends!When I was at school we played a G rated version where everyone would start standing up and you would sit down if you ‘have’. The last person standing would win. What possessed a teacher with a room full of hormonal teenagers to play this game, I’m still not sure.
This week for I must confess Kirsty is asking up to fess up to things that we have never done. I must confess that I considered waiting until I had read Kirsty’s post to gauge where the post was going. However I decided to put my big girl panties on and get on with it. With that said, I bring you ‘I have never…’.
- Been outside Australia. In fact I have only been out of the state on holidays once. I did however freak the fuck out when I was in the car with my parents and they drove over the QLD border while I was on probation.
- Held a license, not even a learners. I feel physically sick even thinking about it, even though it would make my life so much easier.
- Watched The Sound of Music. Even though one of my favourite movies is Rocky Horror Picture Show, I’m really not a huge fan of musicals so I have no desire to watch this movie that everyone else seems to love.
- Broken a bone. I’ve sprained my ankle more times than I can count but *touch wood* so far I have managed to go almost 28 years without breaking a bone.
- Eaten a weird animal. I stick to the animals I can buy in Coles. My Dad however has eaten Ostrich after my Mum and I told him it was crumbed steak.
- Sung Karoke. I am happy to sing badly while in the comfort of my own home. I do not have a desire to subject strangers to it.
- Read a Mills and Boons novel. When I stayed at my Granny’s house and forgot to take a book with me I would go through her bookshelf to find something to read. I just couldn’t bring myself to even try one of them. I opted for reading Archie comics repeatedly instead. Much better!
I must admit that I actually struggled with this. I even googled ‘never have I’ questions for suggestions and I had done most of them! I’d be drunk after the first 10 minutes if I was playing this game.