The following recipe first appeared in Summer Table by Jodie Blight. She has also provided the image to accompany the post.
Last week, as part of the Christmas Gift Guide I shared a cookbook called Summer Table. Jodie has also agreed to share a recipe from the book here today. Paul and I gave this recipe a whirl on the weekend and it was delicious. It was super easy to make and perfect for the hot weather. To purchase Jodie’s book Summer Table and keep up to date with any new projects (I’ve heard that there is another cookbook on it’s way) head to her website!
Prawns, Mango and Avocado Salad
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 0 minutes
- 4 handfuls mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 mangoes, cut into cubes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped (optional)
- ½ tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
In a large bowl or on a platter, arrange lettuce, mango, onion, prawns and avocado.
To make dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking. Pour over salad, and sprinkle with coriander leaves and chilli.
For a twist, serve the salad as a salsa. Chop one mango and one avocado into small pieces and combine with half a finely diced red onion and chilli. Finish with the juice of a lime, toss gently and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with prawns.