Welcome to The Lounge for another week! This week I want to know what your top 10 proudest moments are. Link up your posts and spread the love around!
I have done a lot of things that I am not proud of. Things that I talk about on the blog and things that I don’t. However I also have a lot of moments that I am proud of. I’ve done some pretty awesome stuff.
- The birth of Mr 5. I know this is pretty cliched but it will always be my most proud moment. I am still in awe over 5 years later that my body created this beautiful boy, that he is a living, walking, talking human. I remember the overwhelming feeling of love that I felt when I saw his face for the first time. It was magical, there really is no other way to explain it.
- Starting and continuing this blog. I know that I said I’m not brave however I am still proud of everything that I have achieved with this blog. Last week I wrote my 500th post. That is an amazing amount and I am so glad that I decided to stick with this blog. I am proud of how far it has come, of the places that this blog has taken me, of the opportunities that it has given me.
- Feeling the fear and doing it anyway. In my post about Q&A I spoke about how anxious I was leading up to being in the audience. I was shaking by the time that I got to the theatre and I thought about walking back out. There were moments when it kind of felt like the walls were crushing in on me, the people were talking too loud and they were too close. I managed to feel all of that, and did it anyway. I walked out of the theatre on a complete high.
- Doing an interview for radio. Again this was about feeling the fear and doing it anyway. My irrational thoughts were in overdrive that morning. I am glad that I made the interview for 930am because I fear that if it was any later that I would have pulled out. I was worried that people that I knew would hear the interview and think less of me. You know what..people I knew did hear it and I got an overwhelmingly positive response. Even from people who I didn’t expect. I am glad that I did it.
- Being an adult. This might sound strange, I mean I was technically an adult once I turned 18. However it took me a long time to grow up. I might not be exactly where I hoped I would be, and I am OK with that. Doctors thought that I wouldn’t make it to my 21st birthday…yet here I am, still kicking at 26. I looked the odds in the eyes and told them to bugger off. I’m fighting.
- Surviving Jail. The months and moments leading up to being in jail are definitely not part of my most proud moment. However it was the single most hardest thing that I have ever had to go through and I survived. I never, ever want to go back to a place where something criminal feels like my only option in my life.
- Getting my first pay from my first job. It probably wasn’t much but at the time I felt like a millionaire. It was all mine and it felt pretty good to know that I had worked for it.
- Winning Dux 2 years in a row. When I was in Primary school I won Dux of the School in year 6 and 7. I still remember walking up to the stage to collect my award. It felt like I was walking on air.
- Being nominated for Blog awards. It’s a pretty great feeling to know that my readers think highly enough of my writing that they thought to nominate me for an award.
- Graduating high school. There were a lot of moments where I didn’t think that I would make it. There were a lot of times where I wanted to give up and I tried my hardest to destroy myself. I got the OP that I needed to get my first preference for University despite everything that happened during my teen years. Through multiple hospital stays, disordered eating and chronic self harm…I survived!
What is your proudest moment?
[inlinkz_linkup id=463954 mode=1]