I have never professed to be love doing housework or even be any good at it. In fact if you ever see me saying how much I love it, it’s safe to assume that my body has been taken over by aliens and the authorities should be contacted immediately. However it goes much deeper than this. Studies* have shown that housework is in fact bad for you. I have unfortunately learned this the hard way and so to save you the pain I thought I would share with you my experiences.
- When I was younger I burnt my stomach on a biscuit pan as I was taking it out of the oven. This obviously had nothing to do with the fact that I was only wearing a crop top at the time and only further proves the already extensive research**
- When Mr 4 was a newborn I put the water on to do the washing up. I promptly forgot about it until I heard splashing on the kitchen floor. Of course I hadn’t actually put the cold water on yet and in my baby brain haze I simply plunged my hand into the boiling water.
- Tuesday night I went out at 10pm and hung the washing out. I got attacked so bad by mozzies that I had to lay in a freezing cold bath for 10 minutes to stop the itching.
- One summer’s day I was hanging washing out in the middle of the day and managed to burn my hands on the line and pegs. My hands were red raw by the time I had finished.
- I bought a steam mop about 18 months ago. Somehow I managed to drop it on my foot..while it was on.
- While being all ‘I am woman hear my roar‘ and pulling apart my old washing machine I managed to drop it on my toe while I was trying to reach the screwdriver that I had dropped between the outside and the tub.
- Recently I was changing the sheets on my bed and hit my thumb on the wall as I was pulling it tight…ripping my half of my fingernail off. It still hasn’t fully grown back yet.
- Even grocery shopping is dangerous. I had a trolley full of groceries and was making my way down the escalator to the taxi rank. The trolley got stuck in the tracks of the escalator..all of my childhood fears of getting sucked in my the escalator came rushing back. Thankfully a guy was able to jump down the side and pull the trolley free. My hips and legs were sore for weeks.
Clearly these all prove that housework is in fact bad for me. I will point Paul in the direction of this post next time he asks why there is still a pile of washing up on the sink!
*I may have made these studies up.
** These ones too..
Have you ever been a victim of housework? Do you avoid it like the plague too?
Flogging my blog with the lovely With Some Grace.