I’ve been asked for this recipe a few times and it’s so easy I thought I would let you all in on my secret. It takes 10 minutes prep time and the rest is up to the oven. This recipe is one of those easy peasy recipes that make you feel like you are being a bit fancy.
Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups
4 skinless chicken thighs (you can use breasts but I find it quicker to flatten and roll up the thighs)
4 pieces of middle bacon
4 tablespoons of Philadelphia Cheese (I tried it with home brand cream cheese and it just wasn’t the same)
2 tablespoons chives (I used dried but you can use fresh as well)
1. Pound the crap out of the chicken thighs. This is also good for frustration. I use a rolling pin, which gets the job done pretty quickly.
2. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and chives.
3. Place a tablespoon of the mixture onto the largest area of one of the chicken thighs.
4. Spread out the mixture while keeping it in a sausage like fashion.
5. Roll up the chicken thigh, then place onto one of the pieces of bacon, rolling it a second time into the bacon.
6. To keep the rollup together I put a skewer through the middle. You can use toothpicks but I find skewers easier as I put two rollups on the one skewer.
7. Repeat for the remaining chicken thighs.
8. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and bake the rollups for 1 hour in a 200C oven.
Again, like most of my recipes…either go pantless or bust open the top button!