I’ve been asked for this recipe a few times and it’s so easy I thought I would let you all in on my secret. It takes 10 minutes prep time and the rest is up to the oven. This recipe is one of those easy peasy recipes that make you feel like you are being a bit fancy.
Tag Archives: housewifey shit
Chicken and Vegetable Nuggets
I hate veggies. At least veggies on their own. I can handle them in a bake or mixed in with other stuff so that I can’t taste them. Devil Spawn hates them just as much, so veggie smuggling is pretty important around here. One food that Devil Spawn does love though is chicken nuggets. He’d eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let him but sadly they aren’t particularly nutrious. That’s when I got thinking about how I could combine veggie smuggling with Devil Spawns favourite foods and Chicken and Vegetable nuggests were born. I try to have pureed veggies in the freezer all the time so that I can add them to spag bog and other easy foods.
Depression and other Mental Illnesses can zap you of any energy or motivation you have. Sometimes the medications used to treat these can have an even worse effect. I have never made it a secret that I don’t like housework. So I wanted to share with you what I do to make things easier each day. Things that make things run a little smoothly.
I kinda suck at being a housewife
I’m linking up again this week with Kirsty for ‘I must confess’. This weeks prompt is ‘What household chores do you hate most’. I’m really glad that Kirsty said chores because I think I would struggled to just come up with one.
Creamy Cheese Chicken Pasta
1. Dice the chicken and place in a frypan. Cook until heated through. Put the pasta on at the same time. Or if you are lazy like me just chuck them in the microwave.
2. Add diced onion. Cook until onion is soft.
3. Add Veggies.
4. Add the Ham. If you chose to use bacon then it would probably be a good idea to add it earlier but ham is so much easier to use.
5. Add a splash of milk, 3 massive tablespoons of cheese spread and mustard to the frypan.
6. Mix well, until everything is coated nicely with the cheese spread mixture.
7. Add a hanful of shredded cheese and mix well. You will have a nice cheesy mixture.
8. Combine the pasta and cheesy chicken.
9. Take your pants off before consuming.