Lydia from Where the Wild Things Were has a post that she does semi regularly about the things that perplex her. I am flogging the idea (again) for this post because since Mr 5 started school I have found myself answering a hell of a lot more questions and I want to ask my own dammit!
- Why are super short shorts still a thing? Unlike Raychael I am totally willing to rage war on the short shorts.
- Why is there always one super noisy (also a little feral) family in the waiting room? Also, why do they feel the need to bring 3 generations of relatives for one Dr appointment? Have they not heard of phone calls? Or cafes?
- What could possibly be going through someone’s head when they set out to purposely hurt someone? Do they lose sleep over the impact they have?
- What pushes a government to believe that attacking the lower class, the more vulnerable and those who can’t fight back is the right thing to do?
- I said this in the last question post but I saw Simon Baker in an early episode of Home and Away and how is it that the man hardly looks like he has aged? He doesn’t look like he’s had work done either.
- Why did I wait so long to track down more Australian crime authors? Seriously, there is so much talent right here, I may never have to read another book by an international author.
- Why do people think that information they find on the internet is better than what a medical professional has to say? I mean, sure I understand questioning if you don’t feel you are getting the answers you feel you need, but get a second opinion, don’t rely on Dr Google.
- What goes through a persons head when they yell shit out from their car? Or maybe that is the issue, there isn’t much going through their head?
- Why do I become friends with the toilet when I drink a milkshake and yet I am fine when I drink chocolate milk? Is the chocolate milk not real milk?
What things have you scratching your head?
Have you read any great Aussie authors recently?
Linking up with Jess for IBOT!
My first day back and I came across my name!! Chuffed!
I will add to your questions:
1. What’s with the pockets hanging out on the super short shorts that are purely decorative?
2. What’s with the Govt thinking the poor can foot the bill for the rich (and big corporates?)
3. I am now at an age where shit yelled at me from a car usually makes me feel better about my appearance (they may be being sarcastic but I’ll take it as a compliment anyway).
4. Mine is the super noisy family in the waiting room. They’ll be quiet in the car then go nuts as soon as we walk in the door. I do not know why. My dr sometimes bulk bills me, and I’m sure it’s because I look (and sound) like I’m having a breakdown….
I don’t get super short butt hanging out shorts either. And just no to Dr Google people, no!
So many questions, so little time. Have you read ‘king of the road’ By Nigel Bartlett? Not truly crime, but very gripping, if you can swallow the subject matter.
I get the short shorts. Back in the day I had lovely legs to show off. What I don’t get is the nanna level high waist!
I’m the same with milk drinks & I can’t pin down a pattern, so I generally avoid them all. Maybe it’s sugar content?
I declared a bit of a war on shorts in general following a conversation with Vicki from The Fashionable Mum, we were both struggling to find a pair that did our over 40 legs justice. It didn’t go well. It had me questioning if people had actually lost the ability to take a joke with some of the negative emails I received at the time. Short shorts are worse though and like everything I believe there is a time and a place. Front row at a fashion week, even if you have the legs isn’t the place.
I have no idea why people yell out shit from cars, nor do I understand why drivers hog the right hand lane, regardless of whether there is traffic in the left hand lane. Speaking of the left hand lane, why do some drivers drive 30 or more kilometres under the speed limit? I understand if there is smoke billowing from their engine or their car is a 1968 Fiat, but other than that?
As far as Aussie crime writers go, have you checked out http://www.crimedownunder.com ?
lots of great authors on that data base! x
Why do people get so angry on the roads?
Why am I not sleeping?
Why am I reading wonderful posts from bloggers when I am meant to be working ?
I can answer some of these, and others have posed new questions for me to ask you!
What could possibly be going through someone’s head when they set out to purposely hurt someone? Do they lose sleep over the impact they have?
From observing my local jerk and questioning him gently, I have learned that mostly what goes through his head is rage. He doesn’t lose sleep over deliberate violence, but oddly enough — accidentally hurting someone can result in loss of sleep. (This is in respect to deliberate physical violence.) A lot of it seems to be revenge motivated, too — and that applies for verbal and physical.
What goes through a persons head when they yell shit out from their car? Or maybe that is the issue, there isn’t much going through their head?
Local jerk to the rescue again, here! Mostly he thinks it’s funny – either what he’s saying, their reactions, or a mixture of both. There’s a strong need to push boundaries involved in this, as well.
Why did I wait so long to track down more Australian crime authors? Seriously, there is so much talent right here, I may never have to read another book by an international author.
Okay, my turn to ask! Who’re your favourites? 🙂
I’m with Lydia on the pockets out the bottom of short shorts thing. Why? There are just so many questions in life!! Fun post.
I’ve actually got on the short short bandwagon in the last 6 months, which is really odd because I am the heaviest Ive ever been post having bub and Im not entirely happy with my body. Mind you my short shorts probably aren’t that short compared to others.
Yes! I just discovered Kimberley Freeman (aka Kim Wilkins). I knew she wrote horror as Kim – so not my cup of tea, but I love the stuff she does under her pseudonym. Do yourself a favour and check her out!
Good questions! The short shorts that are really high waisted bother me. I just want to pull them down. Very weird about the milkshake. Oh and Simon Baker. He really does never change. Looks just the same as he did on EStreet. Now those were the days …
I want to know why babies aren’t preprogrammed to sleep through the night. It would make life easier being a new mum!
Mmmmmm – Simon Baker <3! I don't think I have read any Aussie Crime novels??? Im a fan of Harlen Coburn, Jo Nesbo, Tess Gerritsen, but don't think I have read any Aussie – Im going to have to google!!!!!
Hello from #teamIBOT
This one is by far my favourite: Why do people think that information they find on the internet is better than what a medical professional has to say? I mean, sure I understand questioning if you don’t feel you are getting the answers you feel you need, but get a second opinion, don’t rely on Dr Google.
I can’t stand Dr Google!!