This week for I Must Confess the theme is micro confessions. This one is my favourite because it’s like a brain dump. I love being able to just write some little confessions, ones that don’t have enough behind them to warrant a whole post of their own and be done with it. Plus a good cleanse does amazing things for the soul. True fact.
- I keep forgetting to do sight words and his reader with Mr 5. We probably manage 2-3 nights a week but some days we are both so tired by the time we get home (we walk and I am ridiculously unfit) from school that the last thing I feel like doing is homework with him. Thankfully this hasn’t stunted him at all and his going in leaps and bounds with word recognition.
- Some nights I just have a bottle of water or cordial for dinner. I know this is bad. I know that it is messing with my metabolism because it goes into starvation mode but some nights I just don’t feel like eating. Please note that I do still make dinner for Mr 5.
- I don’t really like baths. I love the idea of them, of laying in the water and relaxing. However every time I have one, after about 5 minutes I am bored and wondering what the hell I was thinking.
- I’ve only had one night of drinking in the last 2 months. That might not seem like a big deal to most people, but I was having 2-3 drinks every night at one stage. Then I would binge drink at least once a week. My skin is still trying to recover.
- I don’t understand the hype around Pitch Perfect. To me it was an adult version of High School Musical. Sure Rebel Wilson was hilarious, but not even her wit could save this movie for me.
- I can’t remember the last time I went to the movies and saw a movie with a rating above PG and I am totally ok with that. I just wish the writers would stop putting in those damn tear jerker moments. Stifling the tears while just sitting next to your 5 year old is one thing, but when the movie is so popular the theater is packed, it takes on a hole new meaning. One movie I started crying in the damn ads!
- I bought myself this clutch. I love it but I do feel like a bit of a wank when I am out and about with it.