It’s back to reality around here. There’s a ton of washing to do and a list a mile long if things I need to do before Christmas. It was definitely back to reality with a thud but I must say I’m looking forward to sleeping in my own bed! Now it wouldn’t be business as usual without my weekly confession. It’s a nice easy one this week with 10 things that happened in 2014!
- Our first touristy holiday. I’m exhausted and somehow I managed to get sunburnt behind my knees but Mr 5 had fun and that’s what matters.
- Interviewed on radio. I know I keep going on about this but it was a pretty awesome experience.
- Part of the Q&A audience. I was so excited about it, my nerves nearly got the better of me but I pushed through and did it anyway.
- I smashed through my stats goal for the blog and have nearly reached my next one!
- I blogged every single day for a month.
- We planted and grew our own veggies and herbs.
- Made enough cupcakes to sink a battleship and successfully pulled off a monster truck cake.
- Took Mr 5 to his Prep orientation. It still hasn’t sunk in that he’ll be starting school next year. I think I’ll be a little lost without my little guy at home all day.
- I set myself a challenge to read 25 books this year. I finished my 25th last week!
- Manage to pull off a surprise visit to my mum. The look on her face was absolutely worth it.
What have been your highlights for 2014?
Is it just me or do you go completely blank when trying to think of cool stuff that’s happened?
25 books is a massive achievement! I haven’t read one this year. I’ve read a lot, just not books. I really should set some stats goals for the year next year.
That’s fabulous, on the stats, on the cupcakes and on the 25 books – on all of it! Well done!
I’m pulling a complete blank and have gone off topic. I will attempt to do a roundup post later in the year but it might be the shortest post I’ve ever written.
The highlight of my year? Maybe ProBlogger. It was an achievement to travel by myself and not fall to pieces. Homeschooling. That one has been a big thing to undertake. Oh, I know! I am now completely medication free!!! This has been over 18 months of planning to stop taking everything and I am very proud of this fact.
Love these achievements T, actually reading all of these 10 things posts is actually making me realise I might not have done as much cool shit as I thought I had. Oh well, at least my 3 kids are still kicking! x
Sounds like you had an awesome year Tegan! I know you smashed goals on your facebook page too – well done on a successful year on all fronts – here’s to 2015 x
Yes I go blank too! Hate it when people ask me “so what’s new with you” or “what have you been up to” coz I always get a massive mental blank. At least writing a blog post like this, we had a chance to think about it. Having been interviewed on radio a time or two myself, I can understand why you’re still buzzing about it!
What an awesome list and how cool that you smashed some goals!!
I go blank as well, or get my years mixed up.
I also go blank when my family ask, “what do you want for Christmas?’… Literally cannot think of a single thing!