Welcome to The Lounge! This week the theme is ‘What makes you happy‘. So settle in, grab a drink and share a story. Remember we love stories from the vault too so if you’ve written about this in the past then feel free to link it up!
Things have been a bit serious around here lately. When things get a bit serious I try to make an effort to break it up a bit. It doesn’t mean I care less about the serious stuff, it just means that I realise we all need a balance of serious and silly.
Enough faffing about, here is a list, in no particular order of the things that make me happy.
- Curling up in a doona on a raining day and reading a good book. Hell even if it’s a crappy book it still feels nice. I kind of feel like I am in a cocoon.
- The smell of freshly mowed grass. Not enough to actually mow the lawn myself, but I do enjoy the smell!
- This dog..seriously how can you not smile at this guy.
- Listening to Mr 5 giggle. He has the funniest, most infectious laugh. He still has an awesome belly laugh too! It’s also great to see him happy.
- An organised pantry. The rest of the house can look like a bombsite but if I look inside my pantry and it’s beautifully organised then I can find my happy.
- This video. It’s long so it’s ok if you don’t want to watch it all, but I urge you to watch a couple of minutes at least. I laughed until I cried the first time I watched it.
- When you find a dress or outfit that just fits perfectly and makes me feel like a million bucks every time I wear it.
- Getting the to-do list done for the day at a reasonable time! It doesn’t happen very often so when it does it makes me super happy.
- Finding $20 in my wallet that I didn’t know I had so that I can get sushi while I’m out. Sushi after doing the groceries makes me happy.
- I told Paul what I writing about and he wondered why I had 10 things on my list..apparently I only need one..him! I do love his sense of humor…especially because he laughs at my Horatio impersonations.
So tell me..what makes you happy?
[inlinkz_linkup id=438204 mode=1]
You’ve got me pondering on the freshly cut grass – what is it with that? And why is it such a universal comforting smell (except probably to greenkeepers who probably hate it)? And same with grass after a storm – that smell? It’s something from youth but I can’t pin it down…
Ha ha, I do that list thing. I write it on just before I do it, or sometimes even after I do it, just so I can tick something off! It’s a bit disconcerting that so many of my happy things revolve around sugary food. Oh well..*shrugs and shovels cake in*
I reckon the kids laughing is guaranteed to make me happy, especially when they’ve totally lost it over something ridiculous. We adults don’t do nearly enough crazy belly laughing!
That clip is funny!!
There is one going around of pets disturbing yoga, it had me in stitches!!
Do you want to come and organise my pantry??!!
Pingback: Happiness is... - Living my Imperfect Life
Aw that dog does make you smile. Actually, most cats and dogs make me happy!
Not the biggest fan of freshly cut grass — maybe because I always sneeze. And I totally agree with the feeling around completing to-do lists. Or even just crossing something off it! 🙂
Spending time with my family and a clean house makes me exceptionally happy these days. It’s the simple things for me.
Horatio seems like my kind of humour! Love it. And how good is finding money you didn’t know you had?! I have shared what makes me happy…it’s something I”m sure no one else would ever think of. lol
That dog is cute!! I saw my comment about the cut grass – I’ve learnt what causes it now…there you go. I do still learn stuff!
Its amazing what we look at that makes us happy. Not money.. not material things.. people make us happy, the way people make us feel makes us happy. The simple things really.
Bahaha I just laughed my butt off at the Hiratio comic!
Love these. I like mowed lawn too and smell of stationary stores 🙂
Have a great day.
Reading great blogs like this one 🙂
I love that Horatio cartoon – spot on!
Bless I love that Paul loves your humour, so important. I adore the sound of my kids giggling also, music for the soul x