Welcome to The Lounge! This week the theme is ‘What makes you happy‘. So settle in, grab a drink and share a story. Remember we love stories from the vault too so if you’ve written about this in the past then feel free to link it up!
Things have been a bit serious around here lately. When things get a bit serious I try to make an effort to break it up a bit. It doesn’t mean I care less about the serious stuff, it just means that I realise we all need a balance of serious and silly.
Enough faffing about, here is a list, in no particular order of the things that make me happy.
- Curling up in a doona on a raining day and reading a good book. Hell even if it’s a crappy book it still feels nice. I kind of feel like I am in a cocoon.
- The smell of freshly mowed grass. Not enough to actually mow the lawn myself, but I do enjoy the smell!
- This dog..seriously how can you not smile at this guy.
- Listening to Mr 5 giggle. He has the funniest, most infectious laugh. He still has an awesome belly laugh too! It’s also great to see him happy.
- An organised pantry. The rest of the house can look like a bombsite but if I look inside my pantry and it’s beautifully organised then I can find my happy.
- This video. It’s long so it’s ok if you don’t want to watch it all, but I urge you to watch a couple of minutes at least. I laughed until I cried the first time I watched it.
- When you find a dress or outfit that just fits perfectly and makes me feel like a million bucks every time I wear it.
- Getting the to-do list done for the day at a reasonable time! It doesn’t happen very often so when it does it makes me super happy.
- Finding $20 in my wallet that I didn’t know I had so that I can get sushi while I’m out. Sushi after doing the groceries makes me happy.
- I told Paul what I writing about and he wondered why I had 10 things on my list..apparently I only need one..him! I do love his sense of humor…especially because he laughs at my Horatio impersonations.
So tell me..what makes you happy?
[inlinkz_linkup id=438204 mode=1]