*I received a gift voucher to purchase the products, including one pouch of Pitango Organic Risotto for this review. As always all opinions are my own*
As you all know I hate cooking, hate it with a vengeance. I might like it more if I was half decent at it, and a cleaner to clean up all the dishes afterwards wouldn’t go astray too. Alas, I have neither talent nor cleaner so when I was offered the chance to try out a ready meal that was both good for me AND super easy to make, well wild horses couldn’t hold me back! I added a few little extra’s so that the meal would go a little further (aka so I could have left overs for the next day)
- 1 x 500g pouch Pitango Organic Chicken and Garlic Risotto
- 500g Chicken Thighs, diced
- 250gm sliced mushrooms
- 1 brown onion, diced
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Brown the onions in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken until and cook until heated through.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook on a medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are browned.
- While the chicken, mushroom and onion is cooking, empty the contents of the Pitango Organic Chicken and Garlic Risotto into a microwave safe dish. I heated it for 5 minutes but my microwave is ancient so you may need less time.
- Place the risotto into a bowl, mix the mushroom, chicken and onion into the risotto.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan over the top to serve.
Pitango Risotto products can be found in Coles, Woolworths, and selected Independent Retailers. They are sold ready to eat and can be found in the fridge section. Each pouch contains 500g of Organic Risotto and retails at $7.99.
Flogging my blog with Grace (even though she is holidaying it up they lucky biarch!)