This week Kirsty gave us the prompt of ‘Social Faux Pas’. I’m going to put a little bit of a spin on it. Australians are kind of known for their tall poppy syndrome. Anyone who is seen to be talking positively about themselves is called a big note, skite or full of themselves. I want to turn that on it’s head.
Over the last couple of weeks I have been thinking (aka stewing) about what the wank psychiatrist said about worth being about physical characteristics for women. I already had a whinge about that here, but I want to take it one step further. I want to talk about what I think makes me worthy as a person, and why I think I am a bit of alright.
- I am a Mother, Daughter, Sister which are all very important roles. They require love and understanding. These roles aren’t always easy but they are so worth it.
- I have a brain and I know how to use it. I may not know everything, but I know enough.
- I have a roof of my head and provide a home for Mr 4. We mightn’t have everything we want but we have everything we need.
- I have friends who are beyond words awesome. They take me warts and all. For that I am always thankful.
- I am a good friend. I may not always have the intuition to sense what is going on but I will always be there for my friends.
- I have a son who is the perfect mix of Paul and I. He is impossible and ferocious but I hope that he never loses his spark.
- I am a good mother. I may not be doing the best every single day but one look at him and you can see that he is happy.
These are the things that I see as giving me worth. These are measurable, tangible things. These are things that I can change, that I work hard to be the best at. This is what makes me awesome.
What makes you awesome?
Linking up with My Home Truths for I must confess