Lounging time again! Robo is our loverly host this week and has gone with the theme BBQ.
I’m going to share with you a recipe we use on the BBQ that is simply delicious. The best part about it is that even if you aren’t a fancy pants with a Barbie the size of a small car, you can make these. I have even done them in a fry pan on the stove. They are that versatile!
Prawn and Bacon Rollups
- 1kg Prawns, peeled with tails left on. (King Prawns work best)
- 1kg Bacon, the less fat the better
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Skewers or toothpicks
- In a bowl, mix together sweet chilli sauce and a few splashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Place the Prawns into the sauce mixture, making sure to cover all prawns well. Leave them to marinate for at least 2 hours. Ultimately the longer the better.
- Cut the bacon into strips wide enough to cover the middle of the prawns.
- Wrap each prawn in a strip of bacon, using the skewers or toothpicks to hold it in place.
- Cook on the BBQ!
The sweet chilli sauce creates a nice glaze on the bacon, making these morsels a delight! Whenever they appear at a BBQ they don’t last long! For something different you can also use crab sticks.
What is your favourite thing to cook on the BBQ?