Welcome Loungers! Make yourself a home, grab a drink and settle in for some stories. This week we are talking about Favourites. More specifically Movies/Books/Songs. So share with us what your Top 5 are. You can pick either Movies, Books or Songs, or you can do all three. It’s up to you!
I’ve chosen to show you my Top 5 Movies and Books. Strap in for the ride Loungers!
Number 1. Rocky Horror Picture Show. I have loved this movie forever. Really. I don’t usually like musicals but this one pushes all of the buttons for me! Plus who doesn’t love a hot bloke in a corset.
2. Despicable Me. If you haven’t seen, run, don’t walk, go see it. It’s so fluffeh!
3. Silver Linings Playbook. This movie still sticks with me. I cried like a bitch while watching it. Thank fuck I was on my own. Also…Bradley Cooper.
4. Girl, Interrupted. I watch this movie when I need a really good cry. Like a really, really good one.
5. The Lion King. Mufassa dying still gets me. Every. Single. Time
1. April Fools Day by Bryce Courtenay. I felt like my heart was being ripped out reading this. Bryce Courtenay was such a beautiful story teller. His stories are an acquired taste but they way he tells them make you feel like are part of the story.
2. Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. Yes I know it’s not one book but I can’t pinpoint just one book of the series that I like. It’s a perfect mix of comedy, crime solving and sex. Oh yes there is sex.
3. Get Me out of Here: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland. This is one of the few books on Borderline that shows the person recovering. It gives me hope.
4. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult. This was the first book by Jodi Picoult that I read. It pulled at the heart strings and the way she used each of the characters to tell their own story was awesome. The movie, as always was shit compared to the book. They completely ruined the ending.
5. Juliet by Anne Fortier. I read this book as part of my book club. It was one of those books that surprised me. I expected it to be a sappy love story but it blew me away with a sleuth and adventure twist.
What are your Top 5? If you don’t have a blog then never fear. Hop on over to the Facebook Page to share.