Devil Spawn is a sleep dodger of epic proportions. He either sleeps or he doesn’t, there is no in between, no rhyme or reason. A long, busy day does not always mean an early bed time, just as a boring day sitting at home does not mean there will be sleep dodging in the future. I have stopped questioning it and just go with the flow. If you can call muttering swear words under my breath going with the flow. Devil Spawn has a huge list of things he uses to try and get out of going to bed and because caring is sharing, I decided to entertain you with his excuses.
- Daddy is snoring too loudly. I must add that he wanted to sleep in the lounge room, where his snoring father was.
- He needs to go to the toilet for the 100th time.
- I need a drink…resulting in another 100 toilet trips
- My bed makes me sick
- I have a cough and it’s no good for laying in bed
- I will go to bed tomorrow
- I’ll eat dinner now (usually at 11pm, when I’ve already thrown the dinner in the bin)
- My leg has a flat tyre (this is my personal favourite)
- I need the light on…usually followed by saying he can’t sleep because it’s too bright.
Those are just the tip of the iceberg for excuses he comes up with on a nightly basis. I don’t want to bore you with the mundane.
Is your child a sleep dodger? What are the excuses that they have come out with for not sleeping?