Depression and other Mental Illnesses can zap you of any energy or motivation you have. Sometimes the medications used to treat these can have an even worse effect. I have never made it a secret that I don’t like housework. So I wanted to share with you what I do to make things easier each day. Things that make things run a little smoothly.
1. A lot of people fold their washing as they take it off the line, I take it one step further. I take the clothes off the line in order of whose clothes they are. Then when I come inside, all of the clothes are already in piles of whose room they belong in, meaning that I put them away straight away. It takes a bit longer out at the line…but then again it’s quicker than a giant Mt Washmore.
2. Devil Spawn has a bath for at least 30 minutes every night. I use this time to talk to Papa Devil on the phone. Also when I’m up to it, I use the time to tidy away Devil Spawns toys and do the washing up. He’s happy and I get some quiet time. It’s a win/win situation.
3. On days that I know are going to be hectic or just plain hard I make dinner in the slow cooker. It means that we get a decent dinner and there is usually left overs that I can freeze for easy dinners later.
4. When Devil Spawn goes to daycare, I make his lunch the night before. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, this means I have to do as little as possible when my brain is still foggy.
5. After Devil Spawn has a bath at night, I dress him in a shirt for the next day. Then again, in the morning while still in a foggy, not really wanting to be awake daze I can leave the house at a reasonable time. At least on the days when we have to go somewhere.
6. Daycare Days are my days. I do what I want, when I want it. I don’t pressure myself to do anything. I take them as my days to relax and regain myself.
These are my sanity savers. They help me get through the week, the day, the hour. I don’t pretend to have all of the answers…I just do what works for me.
What are your sanity savers?
Linking up with #IBOT